Dermatology Associates of Napa Valley Patient Services
Services provided include
- Botox Cosmetic
- Fillers: Restylane, Juvederm, Sculptra
- Facial Photo Rejuvenation
- Facial skin care programs
- Rosacea and facial vein treatments
- Chemical Peels
- Skin Cancer Surgery
- Mole and Melanoma exams
Are injectable substances for
- vertical lip lines
- lip border
- marionette lines
- smile lines
- acne scars
- sunken areas on the cheeks
- Restylane - hyaluronic acid product. Proven safety. Results last approximately 6 months.
- Juvederm from the makers of Botox. Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler for wrinkles and fine lines.
- Both Juvederm and Restylane can be used in combination with other injectables to help rejuvenate your face.
- Sculptra (Poly-L-Lactic Acid). Sculptra is a safe synthetic injectable biodegradable material used in dissolvable sutures and implants that is “seeded” into the skin and stimulates the production of collagen over a 6 months period of time. Three to six treatments at monthly interval are required. Treatment results last approximately two years.
These products can be used alone or in combination with other facial rejuvenation procedures such as chemical peels to improve skin surface texture and with laser treatments to reduce redness associated Rosacea.
Hair Removal Laser/IPL
- For permanent reduction in hair.
- For unwanted hair on face, underarm, bikini area, legs, and back.
- For spider veins on the legs.
New topical creams for precancerous skin:
- Aldara (Imiquimod)
New Biologics for Psoriasis:
Our New In Office Products Include:
- NeoCutis Bio-Restorative Growth Factor Skin Cream with PSP
PSP = Processed Skin Cell Proteins containing human growth factors.
- Lumiere Bio Restorative Eye Cream with PSP Processed Skin Cell Proteins containing human growth factors.
RE: New labeling on Sunscreens:
SPF = Sun protection Factor for UVB burning rays (290-320)
PFA = Sun Protection Factor for UVA tanning rays (320-400)
- For improvement in face and neck skin, we recommend Fractional Co2 Laser Resurfacing to improve Tone, Texture and Tightening.
- For Photo Rejuvenation on the neck and chest, we recommend 4 IPL (Intense Pulsed Light) treatments to improve age spots, red face veins and Rosacea
- For advanced face, chest and hand Photo Rejuvenation we recommended two Levulan PDT (Photo Dynamic Therapy) treatments. Levulan PDT is like an “advanced” IPL photo rejuvenation treatment
- To relax Frown lines and Crows feet lines, we recommend Botox
- For the Lips and tear trough (hollow area under the lower eyelids), we recommend Restylane and Juvederm. Both are safe Hyaluronic acid Fillers. Each lasts approximately 6 months
- For the Naso-labial Lines and the Marionette lines, we recommend Sculptra
- For sunken cheeks in older patients, we recommend Sculptra (Poly-L-Lactic acid)
- For topical skin care, we recommend Obagi and other specially selected skin care products containing hydroquinone bleaching agents, toners, retinoic acid, glycolic acid exfoliants, growth factors, vitamin C antioxidants and sunscreens
Facial photo rejuvenation with IPL - Intense Pulsed Light
- IPL is the gold standard for treating age spots, brown pigmented and red vascular lesions, and other manifestations of sun damage on the face, neck, chest and hands.
- Light is absorbed by red or brown pigmented areas and creates heat that destroys the blood vessels or pigmented cells.
- Four treatments are recommended at monthly intervals as well as maintenance treatments 6 months after the initial series. There will be some redness and minimal scaling for a few days but there is no down time with the IPL treatments
Face and neck Resurfacing for wrinkles and skin tightening with the Fractional CO2 Laser
- For dyschromia, fine line wrinkles, improvement in texture and tightening; one treatment is recommended.
- For problem areas (mouth, nose, crow's feet, and scars) and for severely damaged skin: 3 treatments at 4 month intervals are recommended. Approximately 4 to 5 days recovery time.
When one has 40 or more years of chronic sun damage to the skin, one should not expect to correct all problems in one treatment during one appointment. Although one treatment can offer significant improvement, no one treatment will correct all problems. One should allow a minimum combined skin care program of 6 months for optimum improvement. We will design a skin care program that is safe and best for your skin. Maintenance treatments and combination treatments are recommended for optimum skin care. For example: combining Fractional Laser treatments and IPL photo rejuvenation treatments with Botox for forehead frown lines and crow's feet wrinkles; Volume Fillers such as Restylane, Juvederm and Sculptra for wrinkles around the mouth; topical Glycolic acid (AHA) products to exfoliate; Retinoid products (Renova to stimulate collagen formation); Antioxidant products (Cellex-C) to protect DNA; Growth factor products (NeoCutis Bio-Gel) to stimulate collagen production and a Sunscreen (Anthelios #60) to prevent UVA and UVB sun damage can greatly improve one's skin.
Facial Skin Rejuvenation Protocol
For optimum facial rejuvenation results of wrinkles, color, tone, tightening and texture, we recommend one to three treatments with the Fractional resurfacing CO2 laser and up to four IPL Photo treatments performed at monthly intervals. Other areas such as the neck, chest, and hands can also be treated. These treatments can be combined with Botox for frown lines, Restylane, Juvederm and Sculptra for wrinkles around the mouth and topical retinoid, glycolic acid, antioxidant and growth factor creams.