Dermatology Associates of Napa Valley Laser Services
Aesthetic Laser surgery with minimal to no down time
Fractional Laser Resurfacing
- Face and Neck.
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines, brown spots and tightens skin.
- One treatment for texture and tightening with spot treatment of problem areas (mouth, nose, crow's feet, scars). Approximately 3 to 5 days recovery time.
IPL Intense Pulsed Light – Facial Photo Rejuvenation
- IPL is the gold standard for treating age spots, brown pigmented and red vascular lesions, and other manifestations of sun damage on the face, neck, chest and hands.
- Light is absorbed by red or brown pigmented areas and creates heat that destroys the blood vessels or pigmented cells.
- Four treatments are recommended at monthly intervals as well as maintenance treatments 6 months after the initial series. There will be some redness and minimal scaling for a few days but there is no down time with the IPL treatments.
To ensure that you are receiving the safest, most thorough treatment at all times, all treatments are performed by MD - Board Certified Dermatologist. Dermatologists are the experts in care of your skin. Treatments are not covered by insurance.
No one treatment will correct all problems. We will design a skin care program that is safe and best for your skin. Maintenance treatments and combination treatments are recommended for optimum skin care. For example: Combining Fractional Laser treatments and IPL treatments with Botox for forehead frown lines and crow's feet wrinkles, Restylane filler for wrinkles around the mouth, topical Glycolic acid (AHA) products to exfoliate, Retinoid products (Renova to stimulate collagen formation), Antioxidant products (Cellex-C) to protect DNA, Growth factor products (NeoCutis Bio-Gel) to stimulate collagen production and a Sunscreen (Anthelios #60) to prevent UVA and UVB sun damage can greatly improve ones' skin.
ActiveFX CO2 Laser, for resurfacing with remarkable improvement in skin tone, texture and tightening.
- New procedure that yields remarkable, long-lasting results with just one treatment.
- Office-based procedure with minimal downtime.
- For people with an active lifestyle who want noticeable effects in a single treatment.
- Single-treatment solution for beautiful younger-looking skin.
- Noticeable results with significant improvement in tone, texture and tightening.
- Removes sun spots.
- Tighter eyelid skin.
- Treats dyschromia.
- Reduces fine lines, wrinkles and skin laxity.
- Smaller pores.
What is Active FX?
ActiveFX is a fractional laser procedure performed in a single treatment with minimal patient downtime. During the procedure, a high-energy beam of laser light is used to smooth out lines, wrinkles and scars, remove brown spots and other irregularities, and tighten the skin. It also stimulates formation of new underlying collagen to continue improvement over time. With fractional laser treatment, only a fraction of the skin's surface is treated by the laser, leaving small “bridges” of untouched skin. This technique makes the healing process much faster and enables you to get back to normal activities sooner.
What are the benefits of ActiveFX?
- ActiveFX treatment produces a dramatic effect on the skin.
- Causes skin tightening.
- Reduces wrinkles and fine lines, and softens deeper frown lines.
- Noticeably improves skin tone and texture.
- Stimulates new collagen formation and plumps the skin.
- Restores the skin to the healthy youthful-looking state.
What can you expect from the ActiveFX?
- The procedure is performed in the office with a topical anesthetic cream that is applied approximately one hour before the ActiveFX procedure begins.
- There is little to no pain associated with the procedure- most patients say they feel warmth similar to a sunburn.
- You can drive yourself home after the procedure.
- With a gentle washing and moisturizing regimen, you photo-damaged skin will begin to flake off within 2 days.
- After about 3-5 days, your doctor will probably let you wear make-up.
- Pinkness should be gone in a week.
- The results of ActiveFX laser treatment are long-term and, with proper sun protection, can persist for many years.
- Most effects of treatment become visible right away, whereas others-such as new collagen formation, which leads to continued inner tightening - build up gradually and become more evident over time. Therefore, most people look even better 3-5 months after the procedure.